Unable to Uninstall Google Play on 7.1.2

Active 5 Replies 1.2K Views 2018-03-26 05:08:22 General
Hello,

I want to try the modded Google Play Store that's available on this site, however, I cannot seem to be able to uninstall the existing, original version of the app. The device I'm using runs rooted Android 7.1.2. Any system app uninstaller I tried gives me an error, and even LP's own uninstaller does not make much of a difference. I also rebooted my device, nothing changed.

Could you help me, please?

Thank yarr,
justanotherpirate

Sharing is caring, show love and share the thread with your friends.

Snausages replied
6 Years
I don't know why anyone would need to uninstall their present Play Store to install the Modded Play Store...

I've never had to uninstall the Play Store. I just install the Modded one as a System App (I'm not stating as a user app then move it to System) and when the device Reboots, The Play Store is now the Modded one.

I hope this helps... :smile:

DarkCorax replied
6 Years

Download the latest Modded Playstore.

Try Using Called Root Explorer App? For replace the original-

Google Play Store to Modded Playstore.

Instructions for Using Patched Modded Google Play Store apk?

1.Install latest Lucky Patcher

2.Run Lucky Patcher > Action Bar > Select ‘Xposed Settings’

3.Select √ ‘Signature Verify always True’ and ‘Disable Signature Package-Manager Verify’ > Apply > Yes (For Xposed app only. You will need to enable Xposed Module?)

4.After reboot go to ‘Patch to Android’ and check (Patch applied). If applied exit from Lucky patcher. otherwise do 3rd step again.

5.Backup current Google play with Titanium backup if you want to restore original version in case.

6.Rename downloaded Google Patched apk and transfer to sd card. For GingerBread users > rename to ‘Vending.apk’; For Android v4.0+ users > rename to ‘Phonesky.apk’

7.Open Root Explorer and copy/replace renamed apk to ‘/system/priv-app/’ folder

8.Set permissions rw-r–r– and Reboot

9.Done. All Apps on Device with LVL is licensed.

justanotherpirate replied
6 Years
Bump
justanotherpirate replied
6 Years
if you can't uninstall play-store using lucky patcher, use "es file explore" to uninstall it.(using root permissions)

after that download mod play-store & install it.

codelyokoxteam

The problem is, even if I uninstall it manually, a leftover would still remain on the system, which prevents me to install the modded Play Store. If I restart my device, Play Store just recovers itself.
Help?
codelyokoxteam replied
6 Years
if you can't uninstall play-store using lucky patcher, use "es file explore" to uninstall it.(using root permissions)

after that download mod play-store & install it.